ArtChangeUS: Arts in a Changing America is a five-year initiative based out of the California Institute of the Arts. Our mission is to reframe the national arts conversation by embracing the cultural assets of demographic change.
ArtChangeUS is creating a vast network of artists, idea producers, and organizations that serves as an urgently needed catalyst to bring unheard leadership voices to the forefront of social discourse, arts production, and community change.
Our goals are to:
- Reframe the arts conversation to understand and respond to the cultural assets of demographic change;
- Catalyze and make visible relevant, innovative artistic work and forward thinking arts practices;
- Create opportunities for artists, organizers, and thinkers to connect across sectors in order to introduce new perspectives and collaborative possibilities.
ArtChangeUS has three primary programs:
- ArtChangeUS REMAP is a series of major high visibility gatherings on arts and changing demographics. Click HERE for ArtChangeUS REMAP: Richmond. Click HERE for ArtChangeUS REMAP: Detroit. Click HERE for ArtChangeUS REMAP: Bay Area. Click HERE for the 2015 New York City Launch highlights.
- ArtChangeUS@ is a set of curated, ongoing performances/talks/workshops/interventions at arts and non-arts organizations throughout the United States.
- REFRAME: an e-journal is the online platform of critical essays, reflections, and interviews for Arts in a Changing America.
Documentation will make the project immediately accessible to wider publics, through live streaming, archival video, essays, and other formats.
For inquiries, CONTACT US.